A LIFT engineer had a hair-raising moment after the lift he was working on started zooming towards the top of the building - with him on top of the roof.
THE Royal Borough's Youth Offending Team (YOT) has been rated 'good' by a national inspectorate.
THE search is on for nominations for awards celebrating inspirational women.
- Illegal waste company boss is arrested on Heathrow runaway as he tried to flee the country
- Charity seeks superheroes to go on run in Windsor Great Park
- One resident signs up for donate council tax savings scheme
- West Berkshire Council appoints two new executive members
- All-girls Muslim free school in Slough gets government green light
- VIDEO: We chat to Suzanne Shaw about The Big Match
- Whitley scout leader will do her best - dressed as a barge
- Peascod Street Metro Bank plans slammed - to be decided upon tonight
- Officers to patrol car parks to crackdown on thefts from cars
- Last chance to gear up for charity cycle
- Young star at Windsor school helps Hoops to title
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted in Reading.
THE boss of an illegal waste company was arrested on the runway at Heathrow Airport as he tried to flee the country.
A NURSERY and pre-school is celebrating after it received an improved Ofsted inspection - meaning it is now rated as 'good'.
'BE SOMEONE'S superhero for the day' is the message for a new fun run event in Windsor.
OVER the years it's become something of a truism that the way to tell politicians are lying is to check if their lips are moving. We had a variation on that theme on Monday night when TV news showed a montage of Chris Huhne denials.
Meet Wendy. She is in her 60s and lonely. She has lived, loved, and lost; her husband passed away and her children have flown the nest. Now she has landed a job where her good humour and wisdom about the human condition can be poured into giving people just the right bit of advice, just when they need it. But what is the job?