IT WAS a game that Dean Morgan will never forget, almost certainly the highlight of his footballing career, writes Dave Wright.

The FC Beaconsfield striker scored a sensational hat-trick as his side beat


5-1 in the

Ascot & District Fielden Cup


He completed his treble seconds before full-time with an absolute belter from the half-way line, and his other two goals were not bad either.

Yet while dynamite Dean took the goalscoring honours at Larges Lane, it was Anton Bradley who really lighted up Beaconsfield against their East Berkshire Football League rivals.

He was outstanding in midfield, running the show and featuring in many of his side’s attacks, with Kane Guy and Joe Anning also causing problems for the Britwell defence.

Anning had already gone close before Bradley and Ryan Forbes set up the opening goal for Tyler Abear with 12 minutes gone.

Britwell worked hard to get back in the game and missed a chance to equalise, but Beaconsfield continued to look the more dangerous side.

They doubled their lead two minutes before half-time when Morgan, from the left corner of the penalty area, hammered an unstoppable shot into the far corner.

Britwell pulled a goal back two minutes into the second half when substitute Munya Nheta, venturing forward from his defensive role, threaded the ball through to Craig Kelly to slot the ball past

keeper Stephen Hawes.

It took Barry Baptiste’s men just five minutes to restore their two-goal advantage with Bradley crashing home a powerful low shot that keeper Lee Bennett got a hand to but could not keep out.

Bennett had no chance of getting anywhere near Morgan’s second goal of the evening, a thundering effort from nearly 30 yards that made it 4-1 in the 64th minute.

The game was played in a good spirit until the 75th minute when a rash challenge by John Brennan, who was sent off by referee Bill Case, although not before players had stupidly raced from all over the pitch to get involved in a bout of argy-bargy.

A twisting and turning run by Guy ended with his shot hitting the top of the crossbar but, when Morgan took possession close to the half-way line, he belted the ball high into the net with virtually the last kick of the game for a quite sensational finish.