SLOUGH Town suffered a blow to their chances of reaching the National League South play-offs after a 1-1 draw with Eastbourne Borough on Easter Monday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels went into the penultimate match of the season aiming to close the gap on the play-off spots, but an injury time equaliser for Eastbourne means they remain three points behind with one match still to play.

The hosts had Jack Turner to thank for not falling behind in the opening seconds at Arbour Park, the keeper making a super save from a header.

Slough went close when a shot from Matthew Lench lacked power and went wide of the post, before Eastbourne keeper Sam Howes saved from Francis Amartey and Sam Togwell.

Howes was then at his best to keep out both Lench and Manny Williams as the first half ended goalless.

The Rebels had a great chance to open the scoring five minutes into the second half as Amartey got to the byline and Williams left the ball for Lee Togwell, who put his shot wide of the post.

The home side continued to pile on the pressure when George Wells put a free header wide of the post, before substitute Daniel Roberts was denied by a fantastic save from Howes.

Eastbourne keeper Howes was brilliant for the whole match and saved from substitute Louie Soares and Wells before Slough were give the chance to break the deadlock late on.

Referee Phillip Staynings pointed to the spot and Billy Clifford scored to give the Rebels the lead in the final minute of normal time.

The visitors equalised in time added on when the ball ended up at the back post and was diverted into the net.

The draw means Slough have dropped two places to 11th position in the league table and remain three points behind the play-offs ahead of a trip to relegation-threatened Truro City this Saturday (3pm).

Slough must win at Treyew Road and hope that Billericay Town lose at home to Bath City, plus St Albans City, Dartford and Wealdstone all fail to win.

Truro need to win and reverse a three-goal deficit with Hungerford Town in order to avoid relegation from the National League.

Windsor have finished in sixth position in the Hellenic Premier Division after a 1-0 defeat against Wantage Town on Easter Monday.

A second-half goal from Steve Robertson was the difference between the two sides at Stag Meadow and the win means Wantage are the Premier Division champions.

Windsor turn their attention to the Hellenic Challenge Cup final against rival club Ascot United at Ardley United on Monday 6th May (3pm).