SLOUGH Town completed a hat-trick of wins in the National League South after a 3-1 victory against Oxford City on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels continued their excellent run of form to come away from Marsh Lane with all three points and extend their unbeaten run to eight league matches.

Slough came close to a fortunate lead early on when a long kick forward from keeper Jack Turner almost caught out his opposite number, Craig King. The Oxford stopper had to back-pedal to catch the ball a yard in front of his own goal.

The visitors took the lead inside six minutes as Warren Harris flicked a header around a defender and into space to run towards goal. The wide midfielder struck the ball hard across the face of goal and into the bottom corner from 22-yards.

It is his fourth goal of the season and first since finding the back of the net in the 2-2 draw with Chippenham Town at Arbour Park back in January.

The Rebels thought they had doubled their advantage when George Wells put the ball in the net in the 27th minute, but referee Steven Hughes awarded Oxford a free-kick instead.

Slough were dealt a blow five minutes before the break as Billy Clifford bundled over Reece Fleet just inside the box. City top scorer Kabongo Tshimanga stepped up and confidently struck the resulting spot-kick into the bottom right corner.

The away side had a shout for a penalty early on in the second half when Matthew Lench went down after a scramble inside the box, but referee Hughes waved play on.

The Rebels then needed Turner to be at his best to keep them level as he produced the best save of the match. Mark Nisbet lost possession inside his own box and Tshimanga was on hand to drive in a shot, but the keeper got a strong hand to the ball to turn it behind.

Slough supporters erupted when Wells put them ahead in the 84th minute. Substitute Manny Williams laid the ball off to the left-back, who unleashed a rocket into the top corner. Oxford keeper King had no chance as the ball flew past him.

Four minutes later, Francis Amartey scooped the ball around King and stopped to let a defender slide past him, leaving him on the floor. The striker looked up at the last defender on the line and passed the ball to the side of him for another Goal of the Season contender.

The win means Slough have moved up two places to ninth position in the league table and now just three points behind the play-offs with two matches remaining this season.

The Rebels welcome Eastbourne Borough to Arbour Park in their final home game of the season today (Easter Monday 3pm) before travelling to relegation-threatened Truro City this Saturday (3pm).