WINDSOR have exited the FA Vase this season after a 6-1 defeat at Biggleswade in the fifth round on Sunday, writes Rob Stevens.

Windsor, the sole representatives from the Hellenic League still in the national competition, were looking to reach the quarter-finals for a second successive season.

Manager Mick Woodham had put the pressure to win the last-16 tie on Biggleswade and he would have been pleased to go into the break at Langford Road with the scores goalless.

Biggleswade however ran riot in the second half as both Ryan Inskip and Lee Northfield bagged a brace, with further goals from captain Alex Marsh and Nick Henebery.

Windsor salvaged some pride when substitute Matthew Stockill scored from the penalty spot after George Gould was fouled by substitute Nathan George in the final minute of normal time.

Woodham told the Observer: “Let’s acknowledge what a good side Biggleswade are but we knew that coming here.

“We have had a stupid 10 minutes in that second-half and we’ve quite frankly thrown the game away and put it in the bin – stupid decisions at two goals down.

“Two goals behind doesn’t scare anyone because we are still in the game but two minutes later we’re four down and the game is gone – bang, bang, bang and gone.

“That game management isn’t going to win us anything and that kind of sloppy, careless and carefree attitude has cost us.

“We need to take something away from this game albeit use it as a stepping stone for the rest of the season, just to be a little bit mature when questions are being asked of us.

“Biggleswade put us under a lot of pressure and we succumbed to it at key times.”

He added: “We dealt with their threats in the first-half. Biggleswade were probably a little bit wasteful in front of goal because they had some good chances, but we had a couple too albeit not as clear cut as theirs.

“The confidence was there to replicate that performance again in the second-half and try to tidy up on a couple of things.

“What we did ask the boys to do was to try and have a little bit more controlled possession for longer period to create pressure.

“We wanted to keep on recycling the ball and asking questions, but we failed to do that all through the 90 minutes to be fair.

“We didn’t learn from that side of things at half-time and then for us to concede like we did is disappointing.

“We don’t ask to concede goals early on in the second-half but you’ve still got plenty of time. It’s only one goal and you have time to get back into the game.

“To be fair, Biggleswade will probably say that should have been the score at half-time because they had a lot of pressure and a lot of possession in the first-half.

"Even, going two goals behind was not a big problem, but we didn't look after ourselves very well at that stage. We didn't defend our goal or our half.

"We made stupid decisions and rightly got punished. I hope it was a kick up the backside for one or two of them. We made decisions that were costly and paid a heavy price.

"I don't know where that comes from and that's the frustration, perhaps the occasion or the pressure applied on us from Biggleswade.

"They moved the ball well with good footballers and asked questions of us all over the park really, so all in all we got what we deserved.

"We needed to keep the game tight and protect our goal a little bit better, but we decided to become really careless."

Windsor return to action in the Hellenic Premier Division with a visit to Stag Meadow from Binfield next Tuesday (7.45pm).