REAL Milan continue to make progress in the Ken Gomm League Cup this season after a 4-1 win away at Swans on Sunday.

Milan were made to work hard for their victory as Division Two side Swans produced a gutsy performance in defeat.

The visitors started on the front foot in the rescheduled tie and took the lead through the returning Daniel Hicks, who last played for the club five years ago.

He got on the scoresheet inside five minutes after he was set up by man-of-the-match Reece Warwick to calmly finish into the bottom corner.

The higher-league side failed to capitalise on the breakthrough and had keeper Hassan Hussain to thank after a string of saves denied the Swans attack. He looked unbeatable between the sticks as the defence was breached on several occasions.

Milan should have doubled their advantage before the break as Owen Richardson put through Paolo Cicero, who lobbed the keeper but saw his goal-bound shot cleared off the line by some fine defending.

Despite the Swans dominance, Reak Milan got a second goal just before half-time. This time Hicks turned provider and set up Warwick and he smashed home a 25-yard strike into the bottom corner.

The second-half was much more routine for the visitors and they made it 3-0 as Cicero broke into the box to cross for Cheyenne Cripps. He took a touch before slotting the ball into the net with a smart finish.

It was a quite game for the Real Milan top scorer as he did not get involved much but was still able to grab his 12th goal of the season.

Milan then made changes but added a fourth goal when Zufran Asghar bagged his first of the season with a stunning strike inside the box. Warwick crossed the ball to Asghar and he made no mistake with a first-time finish into the top corner.

The away side switched off late on as Swans got a consolation effort but it was too little too late.

Real Milan turn their attention to the Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup and a quarter-finals tie away at defending champions Aylesbury Flooring this Sunday (10.30am). It will be the third meeting of the two sides in three years.

Singh Sabha were left to rue missed chances as they exited the Roy Lester Cup following a 2-1 defeat against Langley Galaxy in the quarter-finals.

Langley took the lead before Sabha hit back as top scorer Hasan Mahmood equalised.

Singh Sabha kept on pushing for the winner but were hit on the break as their opponents got a late winner.

Sabha bid to get back to winning form this Sunday when hosting league leaders FC Bentons in the quarter-finals of the Bob Smith Trophy (10.30am).