SLOUGH Town joint-manager Neil Baker admits that he felt physically sick after the 2-2 draw with Hereford at Arbour Park on Saturday.

The Rebels conceded a two-goal lead in time added on as Hereford rescued a point to remain unbeaten away from home in the Southern Premier Division this season.

Baker is bitterly disappointed only to draw having been the better side, but he believes Slough did not have the luck needed to secure all three points.

He told the Observer: “We were brilliant for 90 minutes and didn’t give Hereford a sniff. They had one chance but it wasn’t really a chance - a ball into the box that missed everyone and Jack Turner had to make a save.

“When you are two goals ahead in the 93rd minute you expect to see out the game but individual errors have cost us so it’s bitterly disappointing.

“As a manager you feel physically sick because it was a game that was won but we blew it so unfortunately that’s not the case.

“Before the game, if you had said we would earn a point that would not be bad, but when you have all three in your grasp it’s bitterly disappointing.

“We gave away the ball on the edge of our box but it was a really good finish so don’t take anything away from the lad.

Local Berkshire:

PHOTO: Ben Harris (right) celebrates his goal with Chris Flood (centre) in the 2-2 draw at Arbour Park on Saturday.

“Even when the first goal went in we didn’t do an awful lot wrong. We didn’t panic or drop deep, just a misplaced pass put them on the front foot.

“If you put the ball into the box and it falls for you then you will always have the chance to score.

“I’m not sure where the referee got the seven minutes of additional time from but it is what it is.

“Two individual errors or someone switching off has cost us, but we will have to take it on the chin and go from there.

“The players are not professionals and will learn from it. They’re very good players that make mistakes and that’s why we manage and play where we do.

“Two positives are we were excellent and dominated the favourites for the league. We have played Hereford twice and twice we’ve limited them to next to nothing.

“That shows that we’re a very good side but we just didn’t have that extra bit of luck to see the game out.

“That has happened in the three previous matches and the extra six points would have put us in a much healthier position.

Local Berkshire:

PHOTO: Chris Flood heads in the opening goal in the 2-2 draw with Hereford.

“We just have to take it on the chin, and that is why we both love and hate football.”

Alan Meredith is team manager for Slough Town Pan-Disability and had to run the line after referee Paul Johnson suffered an injury four minutes before half-time and could not continue.

When play resumed, a goal from Chris Flood - his 15th of the season - gave Slough a lead at the break, and Ben Harris quickly doubled the advantage on 50 minutes.

Hereford were forced to finish the match with 10-men after an injury to Eliot Richards but were still able to draw level from an improbable position.

Captain Jimmy Oates pulled a goal back three minutes into time added on before Keyon Reffell equalised four minutes later.

The draw in front of 1,561 supporters at Arbour Park, including 600 from Hereford, leaves Slough in sixth position in the table and three points behind the play-off spots.

The Rebels are away to fourth-from-bottom St Ives Town this Saturday (3pm) where Baker expects a tough match on a difficult pitch at Westwood Road.

He said: “I know their manager is delighted that the pitch was cut up on Tuesday night and I doubt they will do anything to it.

“It will not suit or style of play and level the game up so we have to be mentally prepared for a battle.”

Baker added: “We never give it up (the title). We’re only one good run away from being right back in calculations.”

Check out the Observer sports Facebook page. Search: Robert Observer Sport and like, follow and share today.