Published 8 Feb 2013 09:31 2
OVER the years it's become something of a truism that the way to tell politicians are lying is to check if their lips are moving. We had a variation on that theme on Monday night when TV news showed a montage of Chris Huhne denials.
THE veneer of deception surrounding the Military Covenant, a bit of Blairite public relations froth dreamed up in 2000 and loosely defined as the mutual obligation between the nation and its Armed Forces, finally peeled off last week.
Whilst national media reports hype up splits and differences at Government level, it is sometimes easy to lose sight of all the excellent work that is going on which is already making a huge difference to people within local communities
- If it's not illegal, what's the big issue?
- You can check out any time...but you can never leave
- Alok Sharma's Westminster Diary: Thursday, May 16
- Footballers pay the penalty for fame
- Colin Anink column: 'It's an obstacle course for scooters'
- UKIP has shown us who the real clowns are
- Rob Wilson's Westminster Diary: May 9, 2013
- Too high a price for cheap fashion
- Another red light on the road to nowhere
- Alok Sharma's Westminster Diary: Thursday, May 2
A WOMAN had to be freed from her car which flipped on its side following a collision with a tanker near the Oracle.
FIREFIGHTERS stopped an arson attempt in Salt Hill Park, in Bath Road, in the early hours of this morning.
FOUR people were rushed to hospital after a car crash on the Crowthorne Road in Bracknell.
THE Bishop of Reading's office has issued a statement after a vicar was arrested by police investigating child sex offences.
EXPERIENCE some of the best opera in the world when live screenings from Glyndeborne come to Maidenhead's Norden Farm.