Crew called to house fire
Daniel Whiteway • Published 12 Jun 2012 09:30
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house fire in St Mark's Place on Wednesday afternoon.
The kitchen fire is thought to have been caused by a candle or match being dropped into a bin without the occupant realising it was still lit.
The kitchen suffered only minor smoke damage and there were no injuries after the call was made at 4.20pm on Wednesday.
A spokesman for the Windsor Fire Station, based in St Mark's Road said: "It could have been a lot worse if we weren't based so close."