Kitchen blaze claims beloved pet
- Lucky escape for Maidenhead couple after dishwasher catches fire
- Two ride-on lawnmowers and a golf buggy involved in golf club blaze
- Trapped bullock leaps to freedom just as rescuers advance
- Firefighters deal with third chimney blaze around Maidenhead in less than a week
- Residents urged to get chimneys swept
A 20-YEAR-OLD catfish perished in a kitchen blaze.
Firefighters attended the fire in Rylstone Close, Cox Green, Maidenhead at around 12.30pm today (Friday).
Two appliances from Maidenhead attended the fire, which was caused by an electrical fault in a fish tank.
Crews extinguished the fire with one hose reel and left at around 3.30pm.
The blaze caused damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the first floor of the house.
This article appeared in Local Berkshire 01 Jun 12