Warning after chimney fire
Published 15 Jan 2012 17:30 0 Comments
FIREFIGHTERS have warned residents to sweep their chimneys regularly after a blaze today (Sunday).
A crew from Caversham Road fire station rushed to a house in Surley Row, Emmer Green, after the occupants spotted a fire in their chimney at 2.40pm.
Firefighters were there for an hour and a half, but there was little damage.
Crew manager Jerry Davies said chimneys should be swept at least once a year if it is used regularly to avoid fires.
This article appeared in Local Berkshire 15 Jan 12
Have your say. Post a comment on this article.
Jan 22, 15:57
This comment has been removed by a moderator