BUSINESS Secretary Vince Cable has praised a Reading-based bank for backing the "lifeblood" of the economy.
A NINTH man has been arrested in the investigation into Kamran Maman's murder
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man's girlfriend had to call the fire brigade after his arm became stuck in a letter box as he tried to enter his mums house.
- Polish Saturday school celebrates 60 years
- Councillors snub Windsor Metro Bank plans
- Tilehurst cyclist leaps into river to save toddler
- Sir John Madejski 'interrupts' popstar's performance
- Heavyweight title belt stolen by thieves
- One in 10 Royal Borough children apply to schools elsewhere
- London ships out 100 homeless people to Slough
- Police appeal for witnesses to attempted robbery near Barkham
- Family rescued from Bucklebury Ford
- Looking for something do this bank holiday? Why not visit the new nature reserve at Fobney Island in Reading
- Popular Warfield horse shows must move after 20 years
A WOMAN had to be freed from her car which flipped on its side following a collision with a tanker near the Oracle.
'We will produce the top women business executives and directors of tomorrow' - that's the pledge from chiefs behind a new Muslim faith-based free school.
AN ESTABLISHED horse show which has been raising money for disabled riding for more than 20 years, has been forced to move location.
BANK bosses have been sent back to the designing board after plans to open a new branch in Windsor town centre were refused.
OVER the years it's become something of a truism that the way to tell politicians are lying is to check if their lips are moving. We had a variation on that theme on Monday night when TV news showed a montage of Chris Huhne denials.
Is there such a thing as being too old for punk? The Undertones - formed in Derry in 1975, reformed with a new frontman in 1999 - don't seem to think so. And with tunes as good as Teenage Kicks, Jimmy Jimmy and My Perfect Cousin to play, you can see why.